[Pdns-dev] bind backend as slave segfaults on OpenBSD 3.3

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Sat Aug 30 14:10:41 CEST 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 02:27:47PM +0200, Joost van Baal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using the bind backend as a slave on OpenBSD 3.3, with gcc 2.95.3, causes
> pdns_server to segfault in ZoneParser::eatLine at
> backends/bind/zoneparser2.cc:236 .  Any clue on how to get this fixed
> would be greatly appreciated.

As long as compiling on OpenBSD requires ridiculous patches which prevent
the running of 'new' within parameters, I'm willing to bet that these
problems are OpenBSD related.

> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1.0...done.
> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.29.0...done.
> #0  0x13b162 in ZoneParser::eatLine (this=0xcfbfc314, line=@0xcfbfb6a4, rec=@0xcfbfb634) at backends/bind/zoneparser2.cc:236
> 236       return parseLine(parts,rec);

This again has to do with parameter passing over the stack, which is also
the cause of the earlier problems.

Sorry I can't be of more help :-(