[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS Recursor 4.8.7, 4.9.4 and 5.0.3 released

Otto Moerbeek otto.moerbeek at powerdns.com
Thu Mar 7 11:22:36 UTC 2024

   Hello,

   Today we have released PowerDNS Recursor 4.8.7, 4.9.4 and 5.0.3.

   These releases are maintenance releases that fix a few bugs. The most
   important ones are:

     * The regression with respect to the ZoneToCache function in the
       preceding releases has been solved.
     * In the case of a recursive forwarding the gathering of denial of
       existence proof for wildcard-expanded names has been fixed.

   There are also a few other bug fixes and improvements, please refer to
   the changelogs  (4.8.7[1], 4.9.4[2] and 5.0.3[3]) for additional
   details.

   Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
   list[4], or in case of a bug, via GitHub[5].

   The tarballs (4.8.7[6], 4.9.4[7], 5.0.3[8]) (with signature files
   4.8.7[9], 4.9.4[10], 5.0.3[11]) are available from our
   download server[12] and packages for several distributions are
   available from our repository[13].

   Recently we made changes to our Open Source End of Life policy. Older
   release trains are now supported for one year after the following major
   release. Consult the EOL policy[14] for more details.

   We would also like to mention that with the 4.5 release we stopped
   supporting systems using 32-bit time. This includes many 32-bit Linux
   platforms.

   We are grateful to the PowerDNS community for the reporting of bugs,
   issues, feature requests, and especially to the submitters of fixes and
   implementations of features.

References

   1. https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/changelog/4.8.html#change-4.8.7
   2. https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/changelog/4.9.html#change-4.9.4
   3. https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/changelog/5.0.html#change-5.0.3
   5. https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/new/choose
   6. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.8.7.tar.bz2
   7. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.9.4.tar.bz2
   8. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-5.0.3.tar.bz2
   9. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.8.7.tar.bz2.sig
  10. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.9.4.tar.bz2.sig
  11. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-5.0.3.tar.bz2.sig
  12. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/
  13. https://repo.powerdns.com/
  14. https://docs.powerdns.com/recursor/appendices/EOL.html

--

kind regards,
Otto Moerbeek

Phone: +49 2761 75252 00 Fax: +49 2761 75252 30
Email: otto.moerbeek at open-xchange.com

Open-Xchange AG, Hohenzollernring 72, 50672 Cologne, District Court Cologne HRB 95366
Managing Board: Andreas Gauger, Dirk Valbert, Frank Hoberg, Stephan Martin
Chairman of the Board: Richard Seibt

PowerDNS.COM BV, Koninginnegracht 5, 2514 AA Den Haag, The Netherlands
Managing Director: Robert Brandt