[Pdns-announce] First Alpha Release for Authoritative Server 4.6.0

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Thu Oct 7 08:50:23 UTC 2021

Hello!

Today we released the first Alpha version for Authoritative Server
version 4.6.0.

Version 4.6.0 mostly brings small improvements and fixes, but there are
two notable new features:
* support for incoming PROXY headers
* support for EDNS cookies

A note to downstream packagers: we removed the randombackend. You may
need to adjust your ./configure call and perhaps some file listings.

Support for PROXY headers allows you to put a load balancer (such as
dnsdist) in front of the Authoritative Server, while still having the
Auth see the actual IPs of clients talking to it.

EDNS Cookies allow resolvers that support it to have an extra layer of
authentication on their communication with the Authoritative Server.

A full list of changes can be found in the [1]changelog.

Please make sure to read the [2]Upgrade Notes before upgrading.

The [3]tarball ([4]signature) is available at
[5]downloads.powerdns.com. Packages for various distributions are
available from [6]repo.powerdns.com.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via
the [7]mailing list, or in case of a bug, via [8]GitHub.