[Pdns-announce] Second beta release of dnsdist 1.7.0

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Mon Nov 29 14:03:29 UTC 2021

Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the second beta release of dnsdist 1.7.0, with
few fixes since the first beta, the most important one being a memory
leak when reusing TLS sessions for outgoing DNS over TLS and DNS over
HTTPS connections. During that work we stumbled upon a memory leak in
some setups using GnuTLS which will have to be fixed in the library
itself. After reporting it upstream we added a warning in dnsdist which
will be removed when a fixed version of GnuTLS has been released.

We also fixed an error in the way we check for integer overflows in
configuration values, which could have refused valid configurations.

Finally we added a function to see the current configuration of the
internal web server.

Please see the dnsdist website [1] for the more complete changelog [2]
and the current documentation.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub [3].

The release tarball [4] and its signature [5] are available on the
downloads website, and packages for several distributions are available
from our repository [6].

With the future 1.7.0 final release, the 1.4.x releases will be EOL and
the 1.5.x and 1.6.x releases will go into critical security fixes only mode.

Finally, we would like to thank the PowerDNS community and all external
contributors for their great work in this release!

[1]: https://dnsdist.org
[2]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html#change-1.7.0-beta2
[3]: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/new/choose
[4]: