[Pdns-announce] Third release candidate for dnsdist 1.4.0

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Mon Sep 30 13:27:32 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

We are very happy to announce the third, and hopefully last, release
candidate of the 1.4.0 version of dnsdist.

This version adds the ability to accept DNS over HTTPS queries over
HTTP, in order to be able to use dnsdist behind a TLS-offloading device,
and improves the management of TLS session ticket keys for DNS over HTTPS.
It also fixes several minor issues, and improves the DoH-related metrics
in our prometheus export.

We want to thank everyone that contributed to the testing of the beta
release, and invite you to contribute to the testing of this release
candidate!

Please see the dnsdist website [1] for the more complete changelog [2]
and the current documentation.

Release tarballs [3] are available on the downloads website.

Several packages are also available on our repository [4].

[1]: https://dnsdist.org
[2]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html#change-1.4.0-rc3
[3]: https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/dnsdist-1.4.0-rc3.tar.bz2
[4]: https://repo.powerdns.com/