[Pdns-announce] dnsdist 1.4.0-rc5 released

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Wed Oct 30 12:47:45 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce the fifth release candidate of the 1.4.0
version of dnsdist. This release fixes a regression introduced in DNS
over HTTPS handling in 1.4.0-rc4 that could lead to a crash under heavy
load, because of a race condition.

The issue was reported during load-testing by one of our users a few
hours after the release and we were able to issue a fix [1] during the
week-end. We quickly advised DNS over HTTPS users to delay upgrading for
a bit, and after exposing the resulting code to various tests during a
couple days we are now confident that the issue has been resolved.

We want to thank everyone that contributed to the testing of the
previous release candidates, and invite you to contribute to the testing
of this hopefully last one!

Please see the dnsdist website [2] for the more complete changelog [3]
and the current documentation.

Release tarballs [4] are available on the downloads website.

Several packages are also available on our repository [5].

[1]: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/8471
[2]: https://dnsdist.org
[3]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html#change-1.4.0-rc5
[4]: https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/dnsdist-1.4.0-rc5.tar.bz2