[Pdns-announce] Backend removals in the upcoming Authoritative Server release

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Fri Oct 18 11:25:37 UTC 2019

PowerDNS Authoritative server 4.2 supports over 15 different backends.
While reviewing the existing backends we came to the conclusion that
the sheer amount of them holds us back from developing the core of the
Authoritative server further, while at the same time for some backends
we have no indication that they are being widely used and we see some
of them lack modern functionality unlikely to be implemented. We have
therefore decided to remove the following backends in the upcoming
4.3.0 release (due February 2020):

    Oracle and Generic Oracle (goracle)
    OpenDBX
    MyDNS