[Pdns-announce] Authoritative Server 4.2.0 released!

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Fri Aug 30 10:34:00 UTC 2019

Hello everybody!

We are very happy to announce the release of Authoritative Server
4.2.0. Besides a ton of bug fixes (please see the changelog at
https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/changelog/4.2.html#change-4.2.0)
, this release also offers a nice collection of new features.

This release was made possible by the contributions of a huge number of
people. Thank you all!

With this release, we ship a bunch of new features:
* Lua records
* ixfrdist
* a new LMDB backend

There are also important functional changes:
* the default UDP response size limit has been changed from 1680 to
1232
* the autoserial feature has been removed

For more information about the new features and important changes,
please see our release blog post at
https://blog.powerdns.com/2019/08/30/powerdns-authoritative-server-4-2-0/

Starting with this release, we intend to move to 6 month release
cycles. This means the next release of PowerDNS Authoritative (4.3) is
scheduled for February 2020. We will support a release for two cycles
(one year). After that, a release will only get security fixes for one
more cycle and then move to end of life status. Recursor and dnsdist
are adopting the same cycle.

Specific information can be found in the end of life statement at
https://docs.powerdns.com/authoritative/appendices/EOL.html

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub.

--
Kind regards,