[Pdns-announce] dnsdist 1.2.1 released

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Fri Feb 16 10:27:56 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

We are very pleased to announce the availability of dnsdist 1.2.1,
fixing several issues that were found in 1.2.0:

* Make dnsdist dynamic truncate do right thing on TCP/IP.
* Add missing QPSAction.
* Don't create a Remote Logger in client mode.
* Use libsodium's CFLAGS, we might need them to find the includes.
* Keep the TCP connection open on cache hit, generated answers.
* Add the missing <sys/time.h> include to mplexer.hh for struct timeval.
* Sort the servers based on their 'order' after it has been set.
* Quiet unused variable warning on macOS (Chris Hofstaedtler).
* Fix the outstanding counter when an exception is raised.
* Do not connect the snmpAgent from a dnsdist client.

One new feature has also been added by Dan McCombs, allowing to work
around an issue when dnsdist is compiled with IP_BIND_ADDRESS_NO_PORT
enabled but run on a kernel that does not support it.

Finally, the handling of bracketed IPv6 addresses without port has been
improved by Chris Hofstaedtler.

Please see the dnsdist website [1] for the more complete changelog [2]
and the current documentation.

Release tarballs are available on the downloads website [3].

Several packages are also available on our repository [4].

Best regards,

[1]: https://dnsdist.org
[2]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html
[3]: https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/dnsdist-1.2.1.tar.bz2