[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS Recursor 4.1.0 Release Candidate 3 Available!

Erik Winkels erik.winkels at open-xchange.com
Fri Nov 17 15:42:49 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

We're happy to release PowerDNS Recursor RC3!

We’d like to thank everyone that has helped us test the previous Recursor release candidates.

The third Release Candidate adds support for Botan 2.x (and removes support for Botan 1.10!), has some important DNSSEC fixes, features a cleaned up web UI and has miscellaneous minor improvements.

Also thanks to Jan-Piet Mens for help on the documentation!

The full changelog is here[1].

The tarball is available on downloads.powerdns.com[2] (signature[3]) and packages for CentOS 6 and 7, Debian Jessie and Stretch, Ubuntu Artful, Trusty, Xenial and Zesty are available from https://repo.powerdns.com. (The Raspberry Pi packages will follow Monday morning.)

We invite you to test this release candidate and send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailinglist, or in case of a bug, via GitHub[4].

Happy testing!

1 - https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/changelog/4.1.html#change-4.1.0-rc3
2 - https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.1.0-rc3.tar.bz2
3 - https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.1.0-rc3.tar.bz2.sig