[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.0.3 released

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Tue Jan 17 10:56:50 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,

Today we've released version 4.0.3 of the PowerDNS Authoritative Server. This release fixes an issue when using multiple backends, where one of the backends is the BIND backend. This regression was introduced in version 4.0.2.

This makes the changelog[2] very short:

 -  #4905: Revert "In `Bind2Backend::lookup()`, use the `zoneId` when we have it"

Users with multiple backends are encouraged to upgrade.

Tarballs[2](sig[3]) can be downloaded from the releases page. And the packages in the repositories[4] have been updated.

Best regards,

The PowerDNS team

1 - https://doc.powerdns.com/md/changelog/#powerdns-authoritative-server-403
2 - https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-4.0.3.tar.bz2