[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS Recursor 4.0.3 released

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Tue Sep 6 13:37:43 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

A new release for the PowerDNS Recursor with version 4.0.3 is available. This release has many fixes and improvements in the Policy Engine (RPZ) and the Lua bindings to it. Therefore, we recommend users of RPZ to upgrade to this release. We would like to thank Wim (42wim on github[1]) for testing and reporting on the RPZ module.

The full changelog[2] is as follows:

Bug fixes
 - #4350: Call gettag() for TCP queries
 - #4376: Fix the use of an uninitialized filtering policy
 - #4381: Parse query-local-address before lua-config-file
 - #4383: Fix accessing an empty policyCustom, policyName from Lua
 - #4387: ComboAddress: don't allow invalid ports
 - #4388: Fix RPZ default policy not being applied over IXFR
 - #4391: DNSSEC: Actually follow RFC 7646 ยง2.1
 - #4396: Add boost context ldflags so freebsd builds can find the libs
 - #4402: Ignore NS records in a RPZ zone received over IXFR
 - #4403: Fix build with OpenSSL 1.1.0 final
 - #4404: Don't validate when a Lua hook took the query
 - #4425: Fix a protobuf regression (requestor/responder mix-up)

Additions and Enhancements
 - #4394: Support Boost 1.61+ fcontext
 - #4402: Add Lua binding for DNSRecord::d_place

The source tarball[3] (signature[4]) can be downloaded from the downloads website. Packages for several distributions are available in our repositories[5].

Best regards,

Pieter and the PowerDNS team

1 - https://github.com/42wim
2 - https://doc.powerdns.com/md/changelog/#powerdns-recursor-403