[Pdns-announce] shutdown of wiki.powerdns.com

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Thu Jan 7 08:03:20 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

We have just shut down wiki.powerdns.com. Over the years we've been removing
wrong and outdated content from the wiki, bit by bit.

Lately we've discovered that Google (and possibly other search engines)
prefer outdated and wrong pages on the wiki to correct and new pages on
https://doc.powerdns.com/ and https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/wiki

To stop this, and prevent a lot of time being wasted by people trying to
figure out why configuration and scripts from our wiki don't work, we have
shut it down entirely.

If you miss any content, please let us know and we can dig it up for you. We
think nothing useful was left, but we could be wrong!

	Bert