[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS Autoritative Server 2.9.22 issues

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Mon Apr 27 10:59:48 UTC 2015

Hi everybody,

We've recently been contacted regarding issues people are having with
PowerDNS 2.9.22.x. While we are sympathetic, and seeing if we can do a
workaround with configuration statements or judicious use of 'dnsdist' (see
http://dnsdist.org), please be aware that we will not issue any further
2.9.22 releases.

PowerDNS Authoritative Server 2.9.22 is now more than 6 years old (!) and is
turning into the "Windows XP" of nameservers. It may well be the most
deployed version of PowerDNS.

As a heads up, please know that we'll be issuing a formal 'End of Life'
statement for 2.9.22.x shortly. We realize that this will make some people
(within your organization) unhappy, so this is your advance warning.

We have also upgraded our documentation to reflect the lack of further
updates.

To upgrade to 3.x, consult
https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/upgrading/#29x-to-30 . If you need
help upgrading, please feel free to either email your questions to the list,
or to contact us for private (paid) support, see
https://www.powerdns.com/support.html

Thanks for your understanding.

Bert
PowerDNS