[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS & How to get the best help

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon May 5 20:26:09 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

We'd like to draw your attention to the following post on our blog:

http://blog.powerdns.com/2014/05/05/how-to-talk-to-an-open-source-software-project-as-a-large-scale-or-otherwise-interesting-user/

"How to talk to an open source software project as a large scale or otherwise interesting user"

The very short version: if you contact an open source project anonymously,
you may not get the best help.  Feel free to also reach out privately and
share that your post from gmail.com is actually (say) from a very
interesting deployment. Details can be found in the blogpost.

The very best way of getting our undivided, guaranteed and rapid attention
is of course to get a support agreement, as detailed on
https://www.powerdns.com/support.html .  The second best way is to ask real
nicely of course (please see the post for details).

But it also helps tremedously if we know who you are!

If you are doing interesting things with PowerDNS, and we might have heard
about your organization or service, but haven't told us who you are, please
feel free to let us know privately. It could help both you and us.

A great way to talk to PowerDNS developers directly is to join our IRC
channel as described on https://www.powerdns.com/opensource.html

Thanks!

Bert Hubert

--