[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS Jobs: are you available?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Jun 19 12:26:44 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

In short: there is a market for (small) PowerDNS jobs, and if you are
available for such work, read on for where we’ll be sending people who need
PowerDNS work done!

The longer story:

As PowerDNS use continues to increase, so does the number of inquiries we
receive from operators that need (private) help. Such requests range from
“can someone help me fix this error” or “can someone upgrade my PowerDNS
from 2.9.22″ to designing & deploying installations for millions of users or
domains.

PowerDNS itself and our certified consultants are able to field some of
these requests, but not all of them. Sometimes we don’t have time, but other
requests simply do not fit well with us or our consultants.

For example, we will typically not be able to do small scale one off
upgrades or installations ourselves.

However, we do frequently get questions for such work. What we have now
decided is whenever we can’t help a user commercially, we will be asking
them to forward their job to elance.com and odesk.com. We’ll also be
providing some guidance on how to identify experienced PowerDNS people.

So: if you have PowerDNS skills, and you are available for doing such jobs,
know that we will be sending interested users to elance.com and odesk.com.

And if you have a profile there that mentions PowerDNS, you could be
expecting some business.

If you are already doing consulting work, but via another site, please let
us know, we can also send people your way there then.

Finally, please be advised that this is all in addition to our ‘regular’
support platforms: community based (mailing list, irc), professional
(support agreements) and certified consultants. There is no change to those
programs. Details can be found on https://www.powerdns.com/

Thanks!

--
PowerDNS Website: http://www.powerdns.com/