[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS Recursor 220.127.116.11 released!
bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sun Aug 2 20:53:41 UTC 2009
Release notes with clickable links available on:
This release consists entirely of fixes for tiny bugs that have
been reported over the past year. In addition, compatability
has been restored with the latest versions of the gcc compiler
and the 'boost' libraries, plus Solaris 10.
No features have been added, but some debugging code that very
slightly impacted performance (and polluted the console when
operating in the foreground) has been removed.
FreeBSD users may want to upgrade because of a very remote
chance of 3.1.7 and previous crashing once every few years. For
other operators not currently experiencing problems, there is
no reason to upgrade.
* Improved error messages when parsing zones for
authoritative serving (commit 1235).
* Better resilience against whitespace in configuration
(changesets 1237, 1240, 1242)
* Slight performance increase (commit 1378)
* Fix rare case where timeouts were not being reported to the
right query-thread (commit 1260)
* Fix compilation against newer versions of the Boost C++
libraries (commit 1381)
* Close very rare issue with TCP/IP close reporting
ECONNRESET on FreeBSD. Reported by Andrei Poelov in ticket
* Silence debugging output (commit 1286).
* Fix compilation against newer versions of gcc (commit 1384)
* No longer set export-etc-hosts to 'on' on reload-zones.
Discovered by Paul Cairney, closes ticket 225.
* Sane default for the maximum cache size in the Recursor,
suggested by Roel van der Made (commit 1354).
* No longer exit because of the changed behaviour of the
Solaris 'completion ports' in more recent versions of
Solaris. Fix in commit 1372, reported by Jan Gyselinck.
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://netherlabs.nl Open and Closed source services
More information about the Pdns-announce