[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS version 2.9.15 released!
ahu at ds9a.nl
Sun Jan 18 10:29:42 UTC 2004
This release fixes up some of the shortcomings in 2.9.14, and adds some new
features too. Many thanks for the large amount of feedback on the
mailinglist over the past few days
* allow-recursion-override was on by default, it was meant to be off.
* Logging was still off in daemon mode, fixed.
* debian/rules forgot to build an sqllite package
* Recursor accidentally linked in MySQL - this was the result of an
experiment with a persistent recursor cache.
* The PowerDNS recursor had stability problems. It now sorts nameservers
(roughly) by responsiveness. The 'roughly' part upset the sorting
algorithm used, the speeds being sorted on changed during sorting.
* The recursor now outputs the nameserver average response times in
* LDAP compiles again.
* zone2sql can now accept - as a filename which causes it to read stdin.
This allows the following to work: dig axfr ds9a.nl | zone2sql
--gmysql --zone=- | mysql pdns, which is a nice way to import a zone.
* zone2sql now ignores duplicate SOA records which are identical - which
also makes the above possible.
* Remove libpqpp dependencies - since we now use the native C API for
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
More information about the Pdns-announce