[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS 2.9.8 released
ahu at ds9a.nl
Wed Apr 30 18:06:01 UTC 2003
*** Available on http://www.powerdns.com/downloads ***
Queen's day release! 30th of April 2003.
Added support for AIX, fixed negative SOA caching. Some other cleanups. Not
a major release but enough reasons to upgrade.
* Recursor had problems expiring negatively cached entries, which
wasted memory and also led to the continued non-existence of hosts
that since had come into existence.
* The Generic SQL backends did not lowercase the names of records,
which led to new records not being found by case sensitive
databases (notably PostgreSQL). Found by Volker Goetz.
* NS queries for zones for which we did not carry authority, but
only had delegation information, had their NS records in the wrong
section. Minor detail, but a standards violation on etheless.
Spotted by Stephane Bortzmeyer.
* Removed crypt.h dependency from powerldap.hh, which was a problem
on some platforms (Richard Arends)
* PowerDNS can't parse so called binary labels which we now detect
and ignore, after printing a warning.
* Specifying allow-axfr-ips now automatically disables AXFR for all
* A Solaris ready init.d script is now part of the tar.gz
(contributed, but I lost by whom).
* Added some fixes to PowerDNS can work on AIX (spotted by Markus
* Norbert Sendetzky contributed zone2ldap.
* Everybody's favorite compiler warning from zone2sql.cc was
* Recursor now listens on TCP!
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
More information about the Pdns-announce