[dnsdist] Matching DNS server IP in request

Aleš Rygl ales at rygl.net
Fri May 17 16:17:59 UTC 2024

Hello,

     I would need to virtualy split a single dnsdist instance in the the
way, that clients sendig request to a particular IP od DNS dnsdist
(listening on multiple IPs) are sent to a dedicated pool. I could start
another dnsdist process bound to the secondary IP on the server but I
think there must be a more lelegant wa to do it ;-) It should work this way:

     client1 ---> DNS req. to dnsdist IP1 ---> pool-A ---> cache-A --->
backend A
     client2 ---> DNS req. to dnsdist IP2 ---> pool-B ---> cache-B --->
backend B

     Is there a way to match a destination IP of the client's request in
a rule in order to send it to a pool? I can not use client's IP here.

Thanks for any ideas.

Regards

Ales