[dnsdist] Some statistics I would like to have

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jun 12 12:44:15 UTC 2023

I'm wondering about the average number of DNS queries per DoT/DoH
connection (to see if the setup "cost" is amortized over enough
requests). I do not find something like that in the output of
dumpStats (I have the number of queries but not the number of
connections). Any idea?

Also, the Web interface tells me:
Average response time: [...] DoT 357.45 ms, DoH 531.12 ms
I assumed, may be wrongly, that this response time depended on the
time required to fetch the response and so was the same for DoT and
DoH. Why not?