[dnsdist] Dnsdist dynamic backend selection between AUTH and RECURSOR

bernd at klaus.onl bernd at klaus.onl
Sat Jan 7 18:00:09 UTC 2023

Hello!

I am aware that the solution I am aiming for is not the optimum.

However, I use fly.io as a platform where I have already distributed DNSDIST containers to over 20 locations with Anycast IP.
The problem comes with the limitations of the fly - one app is bound to a set of IPs. You can not distinguish within the app between different IPs on the same app.
This means, I would have to start another 20 Instances of dnsdist....

May I can code an Pub/Sub solution or make use of the KV Store... I still have to think my way into it.

If someone is interested in my fly.io solution (Alpha State, testing only, no warranty!):

https://github.com/Berndinox/flyio-powerdns-dnsdist
https://github.com/Berndinox/flyio-powerdns-pg

BR
Bernd