[dnsdist] Performance/tuning sanity check

Dan McCombs dsmccombs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 16:07:05 UTC 2023

Thanks Remi! I'm glad you noticed that message hadn't gone through.

I'll take a look at what you mentioned, I wasn't even aware of the CPU
options for addLocal.

I spent some time looking through the thread Nicolas shared at
https://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/dnsdist/2017-April/000281.html of
his performance tuning experience. Do you know if it's still the case in
newer versions of dnsdist to need multiple instances of dnsdist running on
a machine this size (32 cores) rather than just additional listeners via
addLocal to really push past 400kQPS? I just want to make sure I'm not
working off out-of-date information.

Thanks again,

-Dan