[dnsdist] Modify EDNS NSID response back to client

Robert Schwartz smellyspice at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 16:13:19 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to add a suffix to an existing NSID string
response coming back from a backend server. My use-case is to be able to
know, not only which backend server responded to the query (that's in the
backend response), but to also know which DNSDist box handled the proxy
request. The DNSDist boxes are behind an anycast IP (aws global
accelerator) so it's not always clear which DNSDist box handled a given
request.

Is this possible and how would I go by implementing this?

Thanks,
Rob