[dnsdist] Size of time_t error when building dnsdist 1.6.0 on armv7

Scott Colby pdns at scott.scolby.com
Tue May 11 14:54:01 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am excited to try out the new release of dnsdist, and tried to
upgrade my Docker image. I am using the debian:buster-slim base
image and building with `docker buildx build --platform=linux/arm/v7`,
which internally uses QEMU to do a cross-architecture build.

The ./configure step exits with an error:
configure: error: size of time_t is 4, which is not large enough
to fix the y2k38 bug

This does not happen with an identical environment except using
dnsdist 1.5.2.

I didn't see a specific mention of this in the change log, so my
best guess is this is an artifact of the upgrade to C++17. This
could perhaps also be an artifact of building in QEMU; I'm not sure.

Does dnsdist >=1.6 no longer support 32-bit systems/systems with
32-bit time_t types?

Thanks,
Scott Colby