[dnsdist] Second release candidate for dnsdist 1.6.0

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Tue May 4 09:20:21 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce the second release candidate of what should
become dnsdist 1.6.0. This release contains very few changes since the
first release candidate, and thanks to the great feedback we received
on previous versions we expect to be able to release 1.6.0 final very
soon. The changed bits since -rc1 are:

- Only use eBPF for “drop” actions, and clean up the eBPF rules more
often
- Fix missing locks in DNSCrypt certificates management
- Make the backend queryLoad and dropRate values atomic

Please see the dnsdist website [1] for the more complete changelog [2]
and the current documentation.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub [3].

We are grateful to the PowerDNS community for the reporting of bugs,
issues, feature requests, and especially to the submitters of fixes and
implementations of features.

The release tarball [4] and its signature [5] are available on the
downloads website, and packages for CentOS 7 and 8, Debian Buster
and Ubuntu Bionic and Focal are available from our repository [6].

With the future 1.6.0 final release, the 1.3.x releases will be EOL and
the 1.4.x releases will go into critical security fixes only mode.

We would also like to take this opportunity to announce that we will
stop supporting systems using 32-bit time. This includes 32-bit Linux
platforms like arm and i386 before kernel version 5.1.

[1]: https://dnsdist.org
[2]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html#change-1.6.0-rc2
[3]: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/new/choose
[4]: