[dnsdist] Explanation for "drops" in "showServers()"?

Tom lists at verreckte-cheib.ch
Thu Jun 10 12:27:01 UTC 2021

Hi Remi

Thanks a lot for this clarification.

Our UDP-Timeouts defaults to 2. With the "grepq("2000ms")" command, I
can see a lot of entries with the mentioned "T.O" (timeout). But I see
also the following entry with a latency of 2891.8ms which should be
dropped if UDP, right?:

-12.4   xx.xx.xx.xxx:50105                              zz.zz.zz.zzz:53
4417  abc.example.com. A     2891.8    RD    No Error. 13 answers

In the documentation I don't see a default-value for tcp-timeout. So
could the line above be a tcp-request without the default 2000ms
timeout? If not, why do grepq report this line and/or why does dnsdist
not drop this query?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
Tom