[dnsdist] Self generetaed responses don't content ECS client-subnet information

Alexander Fateyev fateyal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 09:52:58 UTC 2021

Hello!

>From google public DNS docs:
"3. Authoritative name servers that implement ECS must respond to all ECS
queries with ECS responses, including negative and referral responses."

But dnsdist self-generated reponses don't have any CLIENT-SUBNET data, even
if the query was with it, e.g. dig @server jhgjhgjhgjh.com +subnet=1.2.3.4.
As I can see, dnsdist truncates this data in addEDNSToQueryTurnedResponse
function. Is there any way to fix it? I use self generated answers to
generate negative responses for non-existing domains, but I have problems
with google public DNS because of empty client-subnet in such responses.

--
С уважением,
Фатеев Александр