[dnsdist] DNS views using DNSDIST

Jahanzeb Arshad jahanzeb at nayatel.com
Sat Feb 6 08:44:56 UTC 2021

Hi,

Thanks for your input. I tried the EDNS method but it doesnt seem to be
working for me. It also had a side effect of reducing the caching
performance of dnsdist from 80% to 20%, and also slightly increased the
CPU usage.

Tried the following method of replying with the SpoofAction. This seems
to be working in test environment. Am going to put it into production
and test.

match_clients_network = newNMG()
match_clients_network:addMask("192.168.122.1/32")

addAction(AndRule({NetmaskGroupRule(match_clients_network),
QNameRule('my.domain.com.'), QTypeRule(DNSQType.A)}),
SpoofAction("192.168.48.10"))

Regards

Jahanzeb