[dnsdist] log source address for queries

Simone Beccato s.beccato at it.net
Thu May 7 08:44:50 UTC 2020

Hi,

using dnsdist in front of slave PowerDNS Authoritative Servers i see that all queries are logged (by slave) with the dnsdist source IP.

I need to log and archive all queries log but within the real public ip that originated the request; I found into the documentation the Proxy Protocol -> https://dnsdist.org/advanced/proxyprotocol.html

I tried to configure the downstream servers as follow:

#newServer({address="192.168.1.1", name="slave-01", pool="auth", useProxyProtocol=true})

but after restarting dnsdist the servers are marked as "DOWN".

Sure I missing something, but I'm not able to find online a way to solve this issue.

Anyone faced this issue too?

Best!
Simone

[logo_itnet_piccolo]