[dnsdist] dnsdist vs. Windows DNS (+noedns or +nocookie)

Bit World Computing e.K. - Michael Mertel michael.mertel at bwc.de
Fri Jul 17 13:53:10 UTC 2020

Hi,

at one site there are Windows 2012 (?) DNS servers for internal domains, and whenever I try to dig some records or have dnsdist use them as upstream servers I’am getting a FORMERR.
I don’t have a chance to get this fixed on Windows side and don’t wanna intervene to avoid trouble with the Windows admins.

To get some results with dig I could use either +noedns or +nocookie, but is there a way to inject these kind of options in the request from dnsdist to the Windows DNS?

—Michael