[dnsdist] Does dnsdist support pipelining on TCP?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jan 15 20:06:09 UTC 2020

Remi Gacogne <remi.gacogne at powerdns.com> wrote:

> The fact that very few real-life clients actually make
> use of it can probably begin to explain why :-/

Android's DNS-over-TLS implementation is probably the most common
DNS resolver that uses pipelining.

For bulk DNS lookups I like to use `adns` which has supported pipelined
DNS-over-TCP with out-of-order responses for over 20 years :-)

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/adns/

Tony.
Portland, Plymouth, Biscay, Southeast Fitzroy: Southerly or southwesterly 3 to
5 increasing 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale 9 later except in Portland.
Moderate or rough in south Portland, but elsewhere rough or very rough,
occasionally high in southeast Fitzroy. Rain or showers, thundery in southeast
Fitzroy. Good, occasionally poor.