[dnsdist] dnsdist Action dependant on source IP and queried domain

Jacob Bunk Nielsen jbn at one.com
Thu Feb 27 09:33:18 UTC 2020

On 27/02/2020 10.15, Jochen Demmer via dnsdist wrote:
> this makes it very much clear so far where to go, just one more question.
> What if I want to have only ONE cluster of powerdns auth servers who
> answer both private and public domains? How can dnsdist distinguish
> between those, can it?

That was what I was trying to help you achieve with the config example.
Only my example would not prevent you from asking the public auth server
about things that should only be served for internal use if those two
frontends end up asking the same backend.

I'd run two PowerDNS instances in your situation, one for public zones
and one for private zones.

Best regards,

Jacob