[dnsdist] SNMP Support

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Fri Nov 22 18:11:35 UTC 2019

Hi Brian,

On 11/22/19 5:17 PM, Brian Sullivan wrote:
> I am trying to configure the snmpAgent in dnsdist and get the following
> log message.
>
> NET SNMP support is required to use snmpAgent()
>
> I am running dnsdist 1.4.0-rc5. I assume that NET SNMP support is not
> provided in this release. What do I need to do to get NET SNMP support?

Compiling dnsdist yourself with snmp support is probably what you need
to do. You'll need to install the net-snmp-dev package (or similar) for
you OS.

Alternatively, you can use the packages for Debian Buster, Ubuntu
Bionic, CentOS 7 or
8(on the correct OS of course) from repo.powerdns.com. Those are built
with snmp support enabled.

Regards,

Pieter

--