[dnsdist] Modifying requests

Steve Freegard steve at abusix.com
Fri Mar 15 13:07:35 UTC 2019

Hi Remi,

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of placing dnsdist in front of a pool of rbldnsd servers
and placing an query key within the qname as a form of authentication
(instead of using an IP ACL), e.g. ip.ip.ip.ip.query_key.zone.zone.zone
-> ip.ip.ip.ip.zone.zone.zone.

With the query keys in memory, it would have been simply to allow the
modified qname through, or to return NXDOMAIN or REFUSED if the query
key was either missing or invalid.

Kind regards,
Steve.