[dnsdist] dnsdist NOTIFY distribution

Martin Toth snowmailer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 15:28:32 UTC 2019

Hi,

I’ve tested this solution, all works as expected. I have only one problem. nproxy is running with these parameters :

	nproxy -v --chroot /tmp/ --setuid 108 --setgid 112 --listen-port 55 --origin-address 10.0.0.1 --listen-address SlaveWANIP1 --listen-address SlaveWANIP2 --powerdns-address 10.0.0.11
	nproxy -v --chroot /tmp/ --setuid 108 --setgid 112 --listen-port 55 --origin-address 10.0.0.1 --listen-address SlaveWANIP1 --listen-address SlaveWANIP2 --powerdns-address 10.0.0.12
	nproxy -v --chroot /tmp/ --setuid 108 --setgid 112 --listen-port 55 --origin-address 10.0.0.1 --listen-address SlaveWANIP1 --listen-address SlaveWANIP2 --powerdns-address 10.0.0.13
	nproxy -v --chroot /tmp/ --setuid 108 --setgid 112 --listen-port 55 --origin-address 10.0.0.1 --listen-address SlaveWANIP1 --listen-address SlaveWANIP2 --powerdns-address 10.0.0.14

when I set origin-address with my LB VIP(10.0.0.1) from LAN interface, pdns's behind LB thinks this is host from which it should do AXFR but this is LAN LB IP not Master IP. So I need master IP here but it could not be assigned because it’s in Internet public IP address of another server. Any suggestions how to solve this ?

This is my setup :

Master (MasterWANIP1 sends notify) -> Slave (SlaveWANIP1/SlaveWANIP2) LB running 4x nproxy (this proxy sends notify requests to LAN nodes) -> SLAVE PDNSs (pool of 4 nodes) (LAN IPs from range 10.0.0.0/24)

BR,
Martin