[dnsdist] Dnsdist with dnscrypt

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Wed Jan 2 10:41:36 UTC 2019

Hi Tinashe,

On 1/2/19 11:32 AM, Tinashe Chikomo wrote:
> I have run the command
>  “generateDNSCryptProviderKeys("/path/to/providerPublic.key",
> "/path/to/providerPrivate.key")” and the only output I get is the
> provider fingerprint but the actual keys are not added to the location I
> specify.

Would you mind pasting the actual command you are using? My best guess
is that you are trying to generate the keys in the /tmp folder. As
dnsdist systemd's unit uses PrivateTmp=yes (see [1]), the files would
then be generated in a temporary folder looking like
/tmp/systemd-private-*-dnsdist.service-*/tmp/

[1]:
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.exec.html#PrivateTmp=