[dnsdist] dnsdist performance

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Wed Aug 14 08:46:20 UTC 2019

Hi Gentian,

On 8/12/19 10:20 AM, Gentian Bajraktari wrote:
> Just did, its showing on metronome: Gentian-DNSDIST-TEST

Thank you, I see it! Unfortunately it looks like your test was quite
short and metronome reduces the precision after a few hours so I'm not
sure I see the whole picture, but it looks like the results are terrible.
I see that the packet cache is enabled but you reach a very low number
of QPS for a very high system CPU usage. It does not really make sense
to me, could you make sure that the CPUs assigned to your VMs are
dedicated to it, or at the very least are not over committed? It
certainly looks that way.

Best regards,

Remi