[dnsdist] DNSDIST 1.3.3-3 from standard debian buster

Lichtnau Frank Frank.Lichtnau at mlands.com
Tue Aug 13 14:59:03 UTC 2019

Hi Remi,

I think, it has to be with 'high latencies'.

I have:
- 1 pool (winmls) for windows-ad-dns-queries
- 1 pool (mls) for rest of our internal domain
- and a dns-forwarder (with 3 listener) for external dns-queries.

The pools work fine with latencies of 0.3 - 0.8 The single dns-forwarder has latencies of 40 - 56. And there I have the drops.

For testing I reconfigure the external dns-queries over the pool(mls).
And than I have the drops in this pool.

I would try to install dnsdist 1.3.3 in debian 9, but it works not, because some packet-dependencies was not given.
And the  dnsdist-packet in debian 9 was to old.

Your tool is importent for me, because it helps me to capture queer manner of our windows machines.
If the dns-server is gone, windows don't switch to the second dns-server in his given list of dns-servers.

BTW, I would build now a tool as workaround for checking dnsdist frequency.
if the quote between queries and drops too bad or grow up I restart the daemon.

I check your API api/v1/servers/localhost and see, that the value from Column "Drops" are given in field=reused.

Why ist he name reused and what means reused in this context?

~Frank