[dnsdist] dnsdist capacity

Alexey Bokhanovskiy alexey.bokhanovskiy at tele2.com
Fri Nov 9 19:02:43 UTC 2018

Hi Remi,

Thank you for your answer and recommendation.

We have basic configuration loadbalancer and seems our problem in it.

I will try to add the same backend server (now we have just one record for each separate server):

newServer({address="127.0.0.1:5300", qps=100000, name="lacalpdns10"})
newServer({address="x.x.x.x", qps=200000, name="pdns12"})
newServer({address="x.x.x.x", qps=200000, name="pdns13"})
etc.

How many the same backend servers I can use (your reccomendation for a lot of qps)?

Could you explain more information about the 'sockets' parameter on the 'newServer()' . Is it mean 'reuseport'?
Thank you for your support!

BR, Alexey