[dnsdist] NoneAction()

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Thu Jun 14 16:58:55 UTC 2018

Hi Nico,

On 06/13/2018 07:55 PM, Nico wrote:
> Quick question.
> We were willing to use NoneAction() to keep counters of queries to
> certain domain,
> but it doesn't work.
> And after a quick look at the sources it's not present (except in the docs).
>
> We checked on version 3 and 1.1.0.

I'm not sure what version 3 is for dnsdist, so I'm going to assume you
meant 1.3.0 :)

> It was removed? There is any other rule we can use to just count matches?
> Thanks!

It looks like it was never implemented. I guess it would warrant a
feature request on Github. In the meantime you could get the same result
using another rule that doesn't stop the processing, like TagAction() [1].

[1]: https://dnsdist.org/rules-actions.html?highlight=tagaction#TagAction