[dnsdist] Match CAA queries

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Wed Jan 3 08:50:37 UTC 2018

> On Aug 18, 2017, at 2:49, Remi Gacogne <remi.gacogne at powerdns.com> wrote:
>
> A simple QTypeRule(dnsdist.CAA) should match, so something like:
>
> addAction(QTypeRule(dnsdist.CAA), PoolAction("mypool"))
>
> should be enough to route it to a different pool, for example. I think
> you should be able to use RCodeAction to make a NOERROR answer too.

Great, that worked indeed.

Now I wanted to make it also match a domain — so “example.org and qtype=CAA”.

I tried

addAction(AndRule({“example.org.”, QTypeRule(dnsdist.CAA)}), RCodeAction(dnsdist.NOERROR))

but it gives me an error saying

“Unable to convert parameter from table to St6vectorISt4pairIiSt10shared_ptrI7DNSRuleEESaIS4_EE”

If I wrap “example.org.” in makeRule() it seems to work. Is that right?

Ask

p.s. there’s a small typo in https://dnsdist.org/rules-actions.html#convience-functions (convience => convenience).