[dnsdist] server policy to failover to another pool

Justin Valentini justin.valentini at oracle.com
Fri Oct 6 12:06:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the advice Chris and Pieter!

I tried the orderedLeastOutstanding policy but ran into issues when
testing. If I explicitly set my order #1 server to down (e.g.
getServer(0):setDown()) dnsdist doesn't not directly traffic to the next
ordered server. Instead the query times out. However, when we bring down
the actual dns server and let dnsdist healthcheck it to down, it seems
to work.

Do any of you know why this may be the case? Do isUp() and upStatus not
respect explicitly set DOWN state?

Thanks,
Justin