[dnsdist] Multiple IP Addresses - Different Pools

Daniel Oakes Daniel.Oakes at voyager.nz
Wed Apr 19 04:17:19 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Loving dnsdist so far, and it's working exactly as expected for our recursive nameservers.  So we're turning our thoughts to our authoritative name servers.

We have two sets of authoritatives, one which is your traditional set, simple pdns with percona doing replication.  The other set is a custom application via a pipe backend that serves SRV records for our voice platform.

What we'd like to do is have two of the anycast IP's on the same box, but IP1 to go to authoritative pool A and IP2 to authoritative pool B.

I'm not sure how to do this - I see you can do multiple addLocal's and obviously putting the nameservers in a pool isn't an issue.

How do I get requests to IP1 to poolA and IP2 to poolB?

Thanks for assist!

Regards,
Daniel

[https://voyager.nz/images/sig/voyager.jpg]