[dnsdist] dnscrypt

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Sun Apr 16 17:03:38 UTC 2017

Hello,

dnsdist doesn't serve the dnscrypt cert for me.

I set it up first with:
generateDNSCryptProviderKey("/opt/dnscrypt/etc/providerPublic.key",
"/opt/dnscrypt/etc/providerPrivate.key")
generateDNSCryptCertificate("/opt/dnscrypt/etc/providerPrivate.key",
"/opt/dnscrypt/etc/resolver.cert", "/run/dnscryptPrivate.key", 1,
1492355593, 1492398793)

Then I added the bind with:
addDNSCryptBind("0.0.0.0:443", "2.dnscrypt-cert.poz.dnscrypt.pl",
"/opt/dnscrypt/etc/resolver.cert", "/run/dnscryptPrivate.key")

I made sure the permissions are that _dnsdist user can read the files.

When I connect using dnscrypt-proxy with 2.dnscrypt-cert.poz.dnscrypt.pl as
provider name, it sends the packet to fetch the cert but dnsdist doesn't
reply.

I'd normally think this means provider name mismatch, but it's the same.

Any hints, please?

Best regards,
Maciej Soltysiak