[dnsdist] dnsdist performance

Nico nicomail at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 22:24:03 UTC 2017

We re-run the tests with concur.

The result were better:

Test with rule drop:
no noticeable change,  around 650kqps, guess this is network or stack limit

Test with rule REFUSED:
dnsdist from rpm: ~450 Kqps
dnsdist-concur: ~530kqps
17% improvement

Test with answer from cache:
1 dnsdist from rpm 12 listeners: ~130 kqps
3 dnsdist from rpm 6 listeners each: ~370kqps
1 dnsdist-concur 12 listeners ~170 kqps
1 dnsdist-concur 20 listeners  ~170 kqps
3 dnsdist-concur 6 listeners each ~450 kqps

Hope this help.
Thanks !