[dnsdist] dnsdist 1.1.0 Beta 1 released

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Thu Sep 1 13:04:52 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

We are pleased to announce the availability of the first beta release of
dnsdist 1.1.0. In addition to several bug-fixes and improvements, a lot
of new features have been added since dnsdist 1.0.0, including but not
limited to:

- TeeAction sends a copy of selected queries to a different nameserver
- eBPF filtering allows in-kernel filtering based on the source or
QName/QType
- New rules have been added, allowing filtering on the opcode, records
count and type, QName length and labels count, destination address and
the presence of trailing data
- Response rules are now supported and allow dropping or delaying a response
- AXFR and IXFR awareness
- Per-QName query counting (as contributed by Reinier Schoof of TransIP)

A more complete changelog can be found at
http://dnsdist.org/changelog/#110-beta1 and the current documentation at
http://dnsdist.org/README/

Release tarballs are available on the downloads website:
https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/dnsdist-1.1.0-beta1.tar.bz2

Several packages are also available on our repository:
https://repo.powerdns.com/