[dnsdist] Dealing with addQPSLimit

Alejandro Adroher Mellado alejandro.adroher at omniaccess.com
Wed Mar 9 15:44:45 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm doing some tests on my dnsdist and there is one thing i cannot understand.

If I apply the next rule:  addDomainBlock("bbbjy.com."), on dnsdist home page I can see 1600 matches from the last 3 million of queries. Nice.

But adding this second rule, addQPSLimit("0.0.0.0/0",2000), and then doing a test with 100.000 queries at 3.000 QPS; I think I must expect that this filter will allow 66% of queries while stops the 33% of them, showing me this 33% of queries blocked.
During the test I can see the QPS at 2.000 and this is fine, the limit is ok; but the "matches" counter the rule gives me back, is the total amount of queries sent, 100.000.

Maybe I'm wrong understanding the counter ....

Someone has been done before some tests like this?

Thanks a lot.

Ale