[dnsdist] Block Random queries

Aleš Rygl ales at rygl.net
Wed Jun 8 13:55:43 UTC 2016

Hi Frederico.

It is imho almost impossible to block such queries.
They are usually running at low rates per client per second but from
many clients... I have already opened a feature request for a dynamic
rule that would allow to insert rules based on dnsdist statistics of

In the mean
time it could be done by an external script grabing topResponses from
dnsdist, analyzing them ans install a rule.

Regards

Ales

On Wed, 8
Jun 2016 13:53:37 +0100, Federico Olivieri wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> My server receives some random queries as xfz3421xc.domain.com [1],
jh65jj3e.domain2.com [2]

> Can someone suggests some LUA script to
block these kind of random queries?

> Thanks