[dnsdist] dnsdist general question

zaphodb at zaphods.net zaphodb at zaphods.net
Fri Jan 8 16:34:07 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-08 17:10, Federico Olivieri wrote:
>> Accepting control connections on 0.0.0.0:5199 [8]
>
> 	* However seems that it remains in client mode
>

>> dnsdist --daemon
> [string "dnsdist --daemon"]:1: syntax error near <eof>

I think you're trying to execute dnsdist --daemon from the dnsdist
client prompt which won't work. Try aborting it with Ctrl-C and run
dnsdist --daemon from a root shell. (Usually signified by the # sign -
bash default prompt sign for root)
If you're running the Debian package on Jessie systemd will take care of
running it in --supervised mode btw.

regards,

  Stefan